Saturday, June 8, 2013

Christmas in July Swap

If I measured, it may not have
had that bald patch on the left.
I was paired with Rosa of Contrastes-RosaMaria for the Christmas in July swap.  One of my items is in process, but one is already completed.  It's a pipe cleaner Christmas tree!  And, it cost nothing, since the pipe cleaners were left in the teacher's cafeteria last year.  I have no idea how long any of those donations stay in the cafeteria before I get there, but I do know that after I get there, they're gone.  I've scored games, workbooks to handout to parents who claim they don't know what to do to help their children (here, have a workbook!), construction paper, bulletin board border, and on and on.  I used a blend of two tutorials from Pucci Collective and Martha Stewart's website, and of course I tweaked it somewhat.  First, I didn't measure.  I eyeballed it, cause that's how I roll, y'all.  Plus, I pushed the branches upwards, because real trees don't grow straight out.  And here's what I created.  Ta day!  (that's a combination of "ta da" and "today", and it's what Tootie Pie used to say).

2 comments:

  1. Hehe...I was looking at same tutorials and had them locked in brain for my to do list...well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! Quite a while ago, I had looked at both of those tutorials and l had even tried the tinsel tree one but as I recall I was a FAILure at it! I liked the idea but my tree was not very nice to look at and so I tucked it away and have never looked at it again. The Martha Stewart tree was more time consuming and so I have only thought about doing it. Now, after looking at your hybrid, I want to start making Christmas trees just like it! I like that you have combined the two and made something that looks just GRAND! Your tree has personality and I am so glad that that's the way Y'all Roll! ( You are just tooo funny!) I hope that you make at least one more to keep for yourself, Linda! You will need a tree like this one for your Modern Doll's house that you recently completed for the Undersized Urbanite Contest. Good Work/ A+!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

 

The Hard Way Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template

Blogging tips