Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Night Side Table Refurbish


Tootie Pie's Gloucester, England, handmade, stained glass sunrise. Handmade by Tootie Pie. Obviously, still some wood gluing and paint matching still on to-do list.

I get to walk around my neighborhood now, and of course, there is much to discover. Like, this cute little black wall table that has inlaid mother-of-pearl and hand-painted detailing. 


Pretty dirty when I first found her. But, to find such beauty tossed casually aside! So I washed it off with soap and water and looked like this when it dried. 


What I think happened is those small, hand-painted flowers smeared across the surface? So, after taking off the support, I took out the trusty bottle of TSP, and then it looked like this:

Now we're starting to see potential. Now to add gloss. First, a nice rub down with wood oil, then linseed. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Hard Way Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template

Blogging tips