Grand Rapids, eat your heart out!
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- ground meat (I used turkey)
- pink beans (one can or a half a bag dried)
- one can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup stock or gravy (I used leftover cooking water from black eyed peas)
- 5-6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes
- a half a head lettuce, shredded
- sour cream
When your beans are cooked, put them into the blender with some cooking water and the remaining onion and garlic mixture and blend to a paste. You can refry these if you want to be authentic, but I cannot tell the difference. Add the tomatoes and half the shredded cheese.
In the pan in which you cooked the onions, cook the meat until browned and drain the grease. Warm up your tortillas, then assemble them with the browned meat, the bean, tomato and cheese mixture, and some shredded lettuce. Top them with the tomato sauce and the remaining cheese. Warm to melt the cheese, top with sour cream, and enjoy!