Friday, October 20, 2023

Beautiful Boys According to Me

Self Indulgent Post Alert!

The impetus of this post is to see if I have a type, but an added benefit is that if I need eye candy, I can come here. I'm in, and I've been, in the market and I have no focus, so let's see if we can find one by looking back on my pop culture icons. Oh, and this was another saved post from way back...Somehow I think it's important to note that. Onwards!

The Western Europeans

Morten Harket
John Taylor
Somehow, sadly, there are no French icons here, but Stephane Lambiel, Swiss, speaks French and, despite the commentary to the contrary, looks very Musketeer or Richard III in his costume. Also, my co-worker Philippe from Los Locos, who looked, according to my French boyfriend at the time, like Jesus. And, ah, the beautiful Norwegian, Morten Harket. One of my flatmates in London, Fumiko, shared a flat with him. I was obsessed. I rocked the black leather straps around the wrist, but never went around the neck like him. And, one of the three famous Taylors, no relation, of Duran Duran. Something about the milk-white translucent skin of John, with the dark eyeliner further obscuring his smolder. So far, I am noticing a chiseled man with dark hair worn long. Could this have to do with the time period, as two of the 3 were in their prime in the 80s? Well, Stephane was at his prime in the mid-2000s, so, there goes that theory. So, so far we have:

  • Chiseled
  • Dark hair
  • Long hair
The All-Americans

Oh, there is something so innocent about these gorgeous Americans. Young, handsome, romantic. Not recognizable as a manly quality today, but, the wide-eyed optimism is infectious. Paul Wylie's routine has much in common with Lambiel's. Hair is medium length and dark.
Robert Sean Leonard
Rob Lowe
Paul Wylie


Non-Olympic Skater Americans

Hmmm...Becks? That Swedish World Cup footballer? Ryan Stiles? Wait, only the last one is American. Hmmmm...









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Hard Way Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template

Blogging tips