Saturday, October 28, 2023

Easy Tutorial - Starburst Mirrors

Picture is intentionally framed to show a peek
of the beautiful hot pink silk saree
I got a Goodwill Outlet (mmmmhhhhmmmm,
you heard that right), where you buy
BY THE POUND! Due to elaborate beading, it weighed 2 lbs!

 
And, I think new to this 
blog, my Bjorn Winblaad 
print and matching 
starburst mirrors!

Tape protects what's left of the mirrors

Yes, again. Starburst mirrors again. This time, they didn't match and many of the mirrors had long since disappeared. But, I might have paid $2 for a bag of 5. Spray paint on hand, tape on hand, tarp on hand, mirrors on hand. 

Maybe not so much a tutorial as, pictures, and, well, figure it out! Montana Black spray paint in Power Yellow. Mirrors: Michael's, years ago. 1 inch? No tag left. Makes them wonkier. I would have gone for gold, but I haven't had positive experiences with gold spray paint, and I wasn't painting spokes by hand in oil paint. Talk about a high!


Finished product on tarp, off-gassing


A tiny touch of overspray


Total cost: $2! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Hard Way Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template

Blogging tips