Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Textural Mini Side Table

My tiny version cost
one jeweler saw blade
and two sprays of
Chrome paint
Post trim, pre
paint
 Another item I covet, and yet do not have the cash nor the space for, is a silvered or gilded tree trunk side table.  You know, the pretentious photo shoots all sport them, along with chevron patterns, metallic poufs, and flokati rugs.  Well, imagine my surprise when, on a recent hike, a unique stick screamed at me from the ground: "Make me an miniature occasional table".  Such a strange thing for a stick to scream!  But, when inanimate objects speak to me, I oblige.  A quick trim with my miter box, and a spray of chrome paint is all it took to turn it into a showstopping decor element.   I will make another, this time gold.  What do you think?  It's pretty much free for the dollhouse, 1K for your house.  I think I'm going to need one of those "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" machines to live in Little Land.  Full-sized land is a rip-off.

Full scale cost: $1K!!!
Just breath-taking
in full scale.  The
ebony floors, peak
of life orchid and
immaculately framed
artwork don't hurt.
Is that a flokati?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the stump and you did a great job of not only seeing and hearing it but also of transforming it! Way to go!!!!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

 

The Hard Way Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template

Blogging tips