Thursday, April 4, 2013

Windows Done!

The white flowers don't exactly "pop" against
the white windows, but I think the front view
looks nice.  Now, to fix that front door!

Another more boring job is finished; cross it off that to do list!  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had tried and tried to cast a copy of the one large original window that I had for my dollhouse, but after three or four failed attempts, and three or four maddening chiseling of the original from the latex, I had enough.  My replacement windows were made from a plastic basket for the panes, and polymer clay for the frame.  It is nowhere near the professional quality of Brae's work, but I'm just happy to finally have windows for the great room.  I put my "flower boxes" up, since the original 40+ year old fabric flowers were showing their age.  These new flowers are cut from a plastic stem of flowers and hot glued to a polymer clay strip.  I am getting closer and closer to being "finished".


Post a Comment


The Hard Way Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template

Blogging tips