My vintage dollhouse was a steal, no question. It did come with a few flaws, however. It was, and still is, missing the middle chimney, the top to another chimney, two windows, and a piece of the front door. There is no 1-800-WINDOWS to call and I was waiting for inspiration to hit. Also, I was avoiding the job. The attempt with the ceiling panels turned out to be just too thick. I cut out the sides from a plastic bin and instead of using wood, I used polymer clay to edge it. I think this is it.
This looks okay, but it was
Hot glue stems with resin flowers
In another stroke of genius, I am making progress on my Oriental sakura blossom vine for the dining room. I was planning to take an impression from a plastic dollhouse that we inherited, and then fill it with clear resin. The mold was so tiny and thin, the the vine part broke off, leaving just the blossoms, which I saved. I was thinking that the vine would be made also from polymer clay, but then I thought I'd try hot glue. I needed to be fast, but I made vine like shapes and placed the blooms onto it. This, too, will receive a coat of paint.
I have crooked teeth from my parents and a wacky arm from a stroke. My daughter describes me as funny and smart, while she describes the other Linda from Mommy and Me as pretty and nice. So, I'm not pretty nor nice. I love the French people, French language (I'm fluent), French food, culture, architecture... In short, all of France! I'll read anything in front of me. I know more about middle school math than, well, anyone, INCLUDING my middle school math teacher husband (let's see if he reads this). I'm not happy if I'm not painting something.