|I had no idea what I had gotten into at this stage|
- Coffee stirrers
- Herringbone template
- Wood glue
- Stain and Polyurethane
|I ended up putting in a "stone" entry way,|
just so the floor could be done by
Christmas. Also, to preserve my sanity.
- Start with the room measurements and make a base. I had to use thinner cardboard to connect two pieces, since my floor is for a great room.
- Use the template to mark the base, so you have a guide to place your planks.
- Surround the base with coffee stirrer edges.
- Measure and cut the stirrers with scissors into planks.
- Fill in the interior by gluing in the planks.
- When finished, sand smooth.
- Stain and polyurethane.
|Before, floor is uneven and unstained. Also, |
far wall is not yet wallpapered.
|After, floor is as smooth as silk and stained.|
Back wall now has wallpaper. It is difficult
to tell, but the stone entry now is grouted.